Mrs. Reda’s Counseling Corner
Mrs. Reda’s Counseling Corner provides helpful information for EC parents and students! Read the interesting info below!
- College fairs are a great opportunity to learn more about multiple colleges and universities at the same time. Take advantage of these amazing opportunities by visiting http://www.macrao.org/Calendar/CDNCalendar.asp?CalType=%&M=10&Y=2011 to view a list of all college fairs located in Michigan.
- Junior and senior parents, please remind your sons and daughters to use Naviance to sign up for college/university representative visits. They must sign up at least 24 hours in advanced to be eligible to participate. All visits are listed under college visits on Naviance
- Senior parents– tell your sons and daughters to remember that as they are applying to colleges and universities to request forms through Naviance as well as turn in their transcript and recommendation request. The earlier they do so, the better!
- October 12, 2011 is high school testing day for 9-11th grade students. Students should eat a good healthy breakfast on the morning of the test. Students need to bring 4-#2 pencils and a calculator with them. 9-11th grade students have an 11:30 A.M. dismissal. Seniors do not have school this day and are encouraged to visit colleges and universities they are interested in attending.
- Naviance is a wonderful resource that EC provides to all high school students. Please encourage your sons and daughters to log on, on a regular basis, and take advantage of this tool. Students can search colleges/universities, explore career choices, and even learn more about their personalities. Visit http://connection.naviance.com/everestchs